7.03.2011

So much to say!

So I clearly have neglected this blog for quite some time now. A lot has gone on since then! I went to Disney World and did an internship for 8 months last May-January, and what do you know I'm back at Disney World again doing the summer alumni program for the summer! Ask me how much I love Disney World........
The answer is TOO MUCH. This place is magical and amazing. Everyday I get to see someone's dream come true. Sometimes it's a little girl in a princess dress telling me about her incredible day at the park, or a couple coming to celebrate their engagement, anniversary, or new marriage. All these people share one thing, it's the glow in their eyes that tells me I have the best job in the world. See, I witness dreams coming true. Families come from all over to world to spend a few days in a place full of magic; And I am blessed to spend my days here.
Other than Disney World, I also changed my major last semester! I am now on my way to becoming a Kindergarten teacher =] I decided that even though I love theater, I want a job where I am doing something to help someone, and who better to help than our future? These little children need good teachers to inspire them to be the best they can be and to show them they can achieve anything they dream of achieving. And that, my friends, is the kind of teacher I hope to be.
Another big thing that has been going on in my life lately is the realization of God's hand in my life. I am noticing that everything really does happen for a reason and that my Heavenly Father knows me personally and therefore directs me in the ways I need to go. Sometimes I stumble and fall and feel like there is no possible way I could ever get back up again, but that's when He comes in and reminds me that I am one of a kind and that if I follow Him I can pick myself up. I lost my Aunt and one of my closest friends in the past couple of years, and I honestly didn't understand why Heavenly Father would want things to be this way. My beautiful cousins Carter and Dylan lost their mother, and I lost my amazing Aunt. How could this be alright? But, like always, I learned that God knows what we can and cannot handle. He does not throw trials our way simply because he can, he does it because he knows we can overcome them and come out stronger. I love Him for this. I am a better person today because of the trials I have faced in the past 2 years. I am changed, but I have grown. I am strong and I am humbled.
I have been doing great! I have experienced magic and happiness, sorrow and tears, and I have learned so much. I promise to get better at this whole blog thing (a statement I KNOW I have used in the past) and even break out some pictures =]

1 comment:

The De Young's said...

Hey!!!! i just read you post and it really touched me so i just wanted to tell you and say hi i havent seen you since on my honeymoon haha of all the places to see you at knots berry farm!!! well i love reading your blog!! i have one for me and john to if you want to follow its deyoungadventures.blogspot.com!!! you will be a great kindergarten teacher those kids will be so lucky! i changed my degree too im doing early childhood im thinking preschool!!! or a daycare i dont know but it is a final decision thank goodness haha i think ive changed enough!!! well i hope you have a wonderful week!!!!